Monday, September 2, 2013

[TUTORIAL TIME] Face and Eyes

Ever wondered what it takes to achieve a flawless face? Or at least, semi flawless?

Below is a before and after of me. No touch-up, no photoshops, no lighting tricks. Just the camera, me, and a before and after shot with and without makeup.

BEFORE AND AFTER:


PRODUCTS USED:


It's crazy seeing all the products laid out to see what it takes to make a full face. Everything here is what I used on my face. This is a complete full face. Please note this picture does NOT includes the Lorac Pro palette for eyes and it also does not include brushes used. Let's name the products. I'll name them in the order of how I used it. For reference, I have combo skin (normal face, oily T-Zone) and I am NC25:

1. Benefit Stay Flawless 15-Hour Primer (used as a primer all over my face)
2. Mac Prep +  Prime BB Creme in Light Plus (all over face as my face coverage...I use either BB creams or foundations or powders)
3. L'oreal True Match Concealer in Light/Medium (all over my chin and the sides of my nose)
4. Covergirl & Olay Eye Concealer in 205 (under my eye)

Steps 1-4 is a base, once these steps are done, I can then add color to my skin...moving on:

5. Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel Bronzer (I add this to bronze my temples, and where the sun hits)
6. The Balm's Mary-Lou Manizer (I use this above my cheekbone as a highlighter)
7. Sonia Kashuk's Blush in Sunset (I add this to the outer apples of my cheek)
8. Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium (I dust this finish powder all over after to set everything)
9. YSL Sheer Candy in #9 Cool Guava (2 coats)

Steps 5-9 finishes adding color to my face. Now, most people will do their eyes before their foundation, which is what I normally do, but since I was trying to do a close up of eye tutorial as well, I wanted to get the face done first. Either way is fine, but if your eye makeup has a lot of fallout, it's easier to do eye makeup first. Let's move on to eyes and finish everything off!

Eyes: I have downward turned monolid eyes. Obviously, this is pretty rare in the U.S. (where I live). So below is a step-by-step guide of how I usually do my eyes:


BRUSHES:

Just as important in applications and products are also the tools that you use. Below are the tools I used in today's makeup look (I realized afterwards that I forgot to include the eyelash curler). Let's go into detail to what each brush is used for:


1. Real Techniques (RT) Duo-Fiber Eye Brush: This was my blending brush. Once I packed on a color, I used this brush to blend out the color on my eyes.
2. e.l.f Small Angled Brush: I used this for 2 things, filling in my brows and also to line my liner in Black eyeshadow.
3. RT Stippling Brush: I used this brush to put on my cream bronzer.
4. Sonia Kashuk No. 106 Brush: I used this to pack my eyeshadow on the creases and corners on
5. RT Blush Brush: I used this to put my blush on.
6. RT Duo-Fiber Contour Brush: I used this to put on highlighter.
7. RT Powder Brush: I dust an all over powder on my face.
8. RT Contour Brush: I use this to dust powder under my eyes (it's a smaller brush).

I hope this was helpful! Let me know what other tutorials you might be interested in!

No comments:

Post a Comment