Sunday, September 15, 2013

NYX Blushes

NYX is a company who's products that I absolutely adore. Not only are their products great in general, but they have a wide selection in color variety and their prices are very affordable.

Today's post will be about their blushes. I have mostly their powder blushes with a few of their cream blushes. Let's get started...for reference, my skintone is NC25.

Here's the whole picture. I have the powders on top (the squares) and also a mosaic powder blush on the bottom right corner.



 Let's break it down and review the powders first:



 Swatched in the same order:

Amber, Cinnamon, Pinched and Terra Cotta will be my go to colors for Fall. Cinnamon is a great burnt orange color (it looks bright in the pan, but as you can see, swatched, it's not so rough). Terra Cotta is a color that I will use to layer blush colors with. I will use it as a highlight on top of blush. Finally, one of the most talked about blushes: Taupe. This is a great contour color for those that are NC25 or lighter. If you are darker than NC25, this is not probably not for you (in my opinion) as it will probably not show up on you very well. Taupe is matte, so it's wonderful to contour with.


Cream Blushes:



Swatched below:

First off, let me just say, these are ONE swipe swatches. The colors are amazing. Pigmentation is out of the world on these. The best way to use these cream blushes is with a stippling blush. I can't imagine using my fingers applying this because I can't control how I apply it with my finger.

I will be using more of these cream blushes in the colder weather. I didn't use much of these cream blushes in the summer because I'm not a huge fan of too much cream on my face during the summer (I have combo skin and very oily t-zone), so I try to stay away from creams as it slides off  my face.

Cream blushes don't last as long on me as powder blushes. I noticed these NYX cream blushes had the same affect as well. To make them last longer, I will layer the blushes. I will put the cream blush on first (with the stippling blush) and then powder my face (set it) and then I will find the matching blush color (powder) and top it off and it will last ALL day/night.


NYX products can be found at NYX Cosmetics Ulta, Cherry Culture, Target

No comments:

Post a Comment