Monday, August 26, 2013

YVES SAINT LAURENT

YVES SAINT LAURENT: 

Just saying it makes me feel all fancy! Today's post will be about YSL lipsticks. More specifically, their Rouge Volupte lipsticks and their Volupte Sheer Candy Glossy Balms.

Let's get the obvious out of the way..these cost a pretty little penny. 3400 ($34) pennies for the lipsticks and 3200 ($32) pennies for the balms to be exact. 

I own three (3). I sold blood for them. I might have to sell plasma for the Fall collection. We'll see. 

Here's what I have:

(L) Lipstick in #1 Nude Beige, (M) Balm in #9 Cool Guava, (R) Balm in #4 Grenade Suave


 (L) Lipstick in #1 Nude Beige, (M) Balm in #9 Cool Guava, (R) Balm in #4 Grenade Suave

 Swatched (L) Lipstick in #1 Nude Beige, (M) Balm in #9 Cool Guava, (R) Balm in #4 Grenade Suave

So what do I think of these? I'm glad you asked!
  1. I think they smell amazing! I've never smelled such classy lipsticks before. YSL must inject perfume into their lipsticks! Keep in mind, this can also be a HUGE turn off for some folks too. This is also why I put this as my number one. It has a mild (but good, to me) fragrance.
  2. All 3 goes on smoothly and glides on like butter.
  3. The lipstick (I only have #1 in Nude Beige) is amazing in color, very opaque, which is great...especially if I'm paying $34 for a lipstick, I don't want to be reapplying over and over again!
  4. The balms, #9 was really light and the color pay-off was not that great. I feel like I paid a little too much for not a lot of color. However, #4 was uh-may-zing! It is the perfect sheer glossy red!
  5. Packaging...I mean, really? How gorgeous are they? I'm not saying go out and buy a $34 lipstick just for the smell and the packaging, but man....

You can find this product at:

Sephora for $32 (balm) and $34 (lipstick)

I give this product a 9/10


No comments:

Post a Comment