I hope I can provide you with some insight on my monthly review of my Birchbox -vs- Ipsy showdowns. I want to be clear, each has their own advantages and disadvantages, pros and cons. The only consistencies about the two are these: $10 a month and once a month.
Let us review some pros and cons of the two (my opinions only):
- variety of samples, from hair products, to face products, to even food sometimes!
- comes in a cute, sturdy box, that sometimes reuse to mail other stuff to other people
- samples might not be suitable for everyone (I've gotten some quirky, weird ones)
- not as customizable as Ipsy (I feel like)
- great for those that love makeup!
- tailored to what YOU like (you fill out a custom survey when you first subscribe)
- comes in a different cute bag every month that you also get to keep as a makeup bag!
- makeup might not be in the color/shade that's for you
- lotion/perfume might not be in the smell that you like
Below are the contents from the August 2013 Ipsy subscription:
Below are the contents from the August 2013 Birchbox subscription:
You can find this product at:
Birchbox for $10 a month
Ipsy for $10 a month
I give Birchbox a 5/10 for August 2013
I give Ipsy a 7/10 for August 2013