How much do I love Soft Ochre? Let me count the ways:
- It's a base: it makes my eyeshadows THAT much more vibrant and colorful.
- It's a primer: goodbye primers, since I've been using Soft Ochre, I haven't had the need for my primers. Before you say anything, let me just preface by saying, I GOT SOME GREASY LIDS. Eyeliners transferring? Check! Eyeshadows creasing? Check! Eyeshadows disappearing at the end of the day? Check! Obviously, you can still feel free to use your primer, but this particular shade of Paint Pot takes care of everything for me.
- It's a concealer (for my eyelids, don't be confused, I only use it on my eyelids): I take it all the way up to my brows though, this means it conceals the redness of when I have just plucked my brows.
What else do you need to know:
- It goes on creamy and dries fast. Very fast. So blend it out right away and let it set and then do what you have to do afterwards!
- Store it upside down (this is what's been rumored on the web, do a search if you don't believe me), but I honestly haven't had mine long enough to know, nor have I been storing mine upside down!
- Soft Ochre vs Painterly: as with all Mac products, they breakdown their line to NC or NW (though newer products are more neutral)...these two popular paint pots are just that. One is more yellow/warm toned and the other is more pink/cool toned. I obviously love Soft Ochre because it suits my skintone better.
So to my fellow NCers (in skintone), Soft Ochre is the way to go!
You can find this product at:
Mac Cosmetics for $20
I give this product a 9/10